High-Rise Fire in Tribeca Closes Several Blocks to Traffic


Nearly three dozen people were treated for carbon monoxide exposure after an oil burner leak at an apartment building on Murray Street and West Broadway in Tribeca Tuesday morning.

The massive FDNY, NYPD and Bomb Squad response began after a call at around 8:30 a.m. 

At least 10 people were treated for CO exposure at the scene, according to NBC New York.

Streets and sidewalks were closed for about one block in each direction surrounding the incident. Traffic through the area was snarled and many pedestrians looked on.

PIX11 reported officials at the scene called it a hazmat situation.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content