Listen Live on  

WOR 710

New York's New 710, WOR

Teen's Phone Ignites Under Her Pillow

Teen's Phone Ignites Under Her Pillow
Posted July 29th, 2014 @ 11:21am by Newsy, a Newser Video Partne

(NEWSER) – Plenty of people tend to fall asleep with their phones in their beds at night, but one 13-year-old's tale is cautionary, to say the least. Ariel Tolfree says her Samsung Galaxy S4 slipped under her pillow after she went to bed, and she woke a burning smell. Her dad tells KDFW he thinks the phone overheated and the battery—a replacement, not the original—swelled while she slept. Newsy reports:

PHOTO: Newser

Recommended Stories

More from WOR 710